Monday, 23 June 2014

My Eyes on the Correspondences - What I have seen

Thanks God that everything has already been settled down here in Kuching. One year has passed, I can finally do my internship which got deferred twice. The first day of my political internship kicked off mediocrely. There is another law student joining the law firm to start doing his law attachment today. Both of us were respectively assigned a quite easy task, a few court case studies were allocated to him to go through while I was given three very thick files of correspondences to read that the Member of Parliament whom I’m attached to has made to speak on behalf of the people, to have a rough idea of how the elected representatives liaise with the local authorities and government.

There are some cases that can catch your eyes and you may find them hilarious and entertaining, albeit boring for most of the cases. By just having a brief read, you can certainly conclude that the local authorities and government don’t do their jobs in ways that can solve the occurring problems efficiently. What I have seen in the correspondences are exactly the sayings the people have always noted - shirking responsibilities, leaving issues unsolved eventually. How outrageous the rulers can be and you can’t really understand why they are not even aware of their incapability, and still, no signs of improvements can be observed.

The conditions are getting worse instead. The law keeper’s enforcers seem to be the tax collectors of the government, an alleged prevalence which undeniably can’t be allowed to emerge in any of the countries. Lots of flaws still occur and we have to take actions to induce positive consequences on them. Sufficient evidences are there, acting as the thrust to force our government to at least make a move, showing us that they are willing to rule this land wholeheartedly and aspiring to make it become the best out of it can be.

I wonder if I can I handle those problems if I really succeed to become an elected representative for a particular constituency, it needs a lot of commitment, strong sense of responsibility, patience, and most importantly wisdom I should say. It is not as easy as we can think of, so we really have to think carefully before we vote for someone in an election. More political educations still have to be carried out among the people in an appropriate way.

I will always keep YB Yeo Bee Yin’s advice in my mind, make politics one of my options but not my only option. “Explore yourself more in this stage of your life, your interest and passion, your strengths and weaknesses. You are still young, keep the options open, and explore. :)”


Yea, keep the options open. ;)
More updates on my internship in the future too, stay tuned! hehe~

No comments:

Post a Comment