![]() |
| YB Chong Chieng Jen the Honourable Member of Parliament for Bandar Kuching the State Assemblyman for Kota Sentosa |
I, myself sometimes didn't realize that I had already done my political internship with a national leader. A very fulfilling internship indeed which brought me to a wider array of vision. It led me to the path, another career opportunity that none of my family, friends and teachers would actually expect at the beginning. I feel really blessed to have the chance to be a youth intern to YB Chong Chieng Jen, another architect for change in Sarawak.
I could still remember what he had told me whenever I asked him about the political events happened in the country. You would probably criticize a certain issue which seems very wrong in your perspectives. Forming critiques without being critical, debating with others without being factual, these are what vast majority of the people will do including myself on some occasions. YB Chong always proposes alternatives to the government and factually gives comments on current affairs. I want to note this as this is what I most learnt from YB Chong in the course of my internship, YB Chong brought me along when he was doing his jobs at times, he allowed me to stay beside him and observe how he did his works, at the same time, to have a real taste of the ground politics.
Throughout the internship, I notice that YB Chong is a foresighted leader, he puts many efforts in doing plans for the betterment of the country. Policy reforms and proposal for land development for instance, colleagues and I, together with the public were there to witness his hard work. He supports Impian Sarawak projects which aim to approach the indigenous people and to improve their living conditions concurrently. It seems to me that he is always ready to face any incoming challenges. Looking further to the future without neglecting the past and present, I think this is the reason why he gives us the impression that he is well prepared at all times.
Before I went to Kuching for the internship, I thought he was kind of a strict person. But in fact, he is a leader that doesn't have airs and graces. He can easily mix with people and cheer up the ambiance. I followed him to walk around the city in some weekends. I observed that people find him very easy to talk to as he doesn't have the sense of superiority of being a wakil rakyat, it's really comfortable for others to work with him. He is more of a friend to us, my colleagues and I will definitely agree on this.
To me, he is more of a mentor instead of boss. YB Chong doesn't mind to enlighten me on every political incident that happened in Malaysia whenever I asked him. From his sharing, one can tell that his personal experiences are affluent. I can't say that he is a perfect leader, yet his deeds speak for his competency. It's hard to survive and remain on the proper track in such adverse political climate in our country, I wish that he can continue using his talents to serve this country and being in the right path throughout his journey in politics.
Special thanks to YB Chong once again,
This internship had made my summer break interesting and meaningful,
It's really an honour to know him and to learn something from him personally.
It's really an honour to know him and to learn something from him personally.

No comments:
Post a Comment